I have always believed that setting goals for yourself is a necessity in life. Goals are something that have gotten me to where I am today. They have helped me overcome obstacles growing up and given me something to believe in. We all face problems in life, but not everyone is able to overcome them. I think that if we all have something to work for, we can succeed to make the best lives for ourselves. I make sure that when I accomplish a goal I set more, so I can always look forward to something.
The goals in which I have set for myself thus far are mostly career-based. I decided that I need to make more goals in my life that are “experience goals.” Therefore, I have created a bucket list. So far, this is what I have come up with:
1. Attend a Miss Universe Pageant (hopefully going to achieve this on Jan. 25 of next year in Miami!)
2. Attend a music festival.
3. Get cast in a film, t.v. show, or commercial. Even if it’s as an extra and I don’t have any lines.
4. Travel to another country: Australia, South Korea, Ireland, Spain and Costa Rica being my top choices.
5. Go on a cruise.
6. See a Broadway musical in New York City.
7. Meet an A-list celebrity (as in shake hands.)
8. Make a gourmet home-cooked meal.
9. Be an audience member on a talk show like Ellen!
10. Write and publish a book about my life.
11. Go skydiving.
12. Go on a hot-air balloon ride.
13. Fly first class.
14. Pay for a stranger’s groceries.
15. See the Chicago Bears play at Soldier Field.
16. See Beyonce in concert.
17. Attend a top designer fashion show.
18. Go wine tasting.
19. Read a book before the movie.
20. Get VIP backstage passes to a show.
21. Participate in The Color Run 5k.
Things that would have been on my bucket list, had I not already accomplished them:
Get a full body massage- It was amazing.
Become a mentor for a child- Just signed up for Big Brothers Big Sisters!
Run in a 5k race- Especially For You Race Against Breast Cancer 2014.
Fund-raise for a charity- Raised $500 for Children’s Miracle Network through Cedar Rapids Dance Marathon.
Go on a road trip- Vegas! 25 hours! Went through Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Arizona and Nevada. Incredible scenery!
Take a limo tour around the island of Hawaii.
Give up drinking for a month- Went 2 months without a sip of alcohol!
Attend an art show- Moberg Gallery in Des Moines.
Attend an MLB game besides the Chicago Cubs- LA Dodgers.
Go on a dinner cruise- Ate delicious lobster on a dinner cruise in Hawaii.
Start a modeling portfolio.
Take a spontaneous weekend trip- Pensacola, Florida.
Sign with a modeling agency- MMG in NYC.
Create my own website.
Start a blog- You’re reading it!
Do a shot of wheat grass from Jamba Juice- YUCK!
See a Las Vegas show- Cirque du Soleil “O” and the Jabbawockeez!
Go on a submarine ride- Hawaii.
Go white water rafting- Colorado.
Hike a mountain- Kauai, Hawaii. 12 miles!
Learn how to surf.
Jet ski in the ocean.
Talk in front of a crowd of 5,000 people.
Go to a big concert- Lil Wayne w/ Nicki Minaj and Rick Ross in Chicago.
Ride on a subway- NYC.
Go on a double decker bus tour- Washington D.C.
See The White House in person.